52 Mondays came to me in a fit of New years resolution fury. It seems I am always starting my "diet" or exercise plan on "Monday"! Well lots of "Mondays" have come and gone and my butt and thighs are still as thick as a Chick-filet shake (you know what I'm talking about!!) That is when I thought OK there are 52 Mondays in year...52 is a doable number of making small changing in my life that will hopefully change to number on the scale in a downward fashion. Come join us on the journey of 52 Mondays to getting our butt, thighs and almost everything else that shake and moves a little smaller. If want to be a contributor (and you know you do) just leave a comment and I will add you to the list of contributors! This is a blog were we can share our successes and failures on the hard journey of weight loss and just plain physical wellness.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 5-Amy

Pretty Good week. Down 1.5 pounds. Tuesday was my swimming lesson, and despite having to be seen in public in my swimming suit all went well. I was surprised of what a great full body work out it was. That day I was definately feeling it in my shoulders, which I expected, however, what I did not expect was to feel my abs sore. That was a great surprise!!! I am really excited for my next 3 lessons. Well atleast by the END of swimming season I should be half way decent in a suit.

I recieved my body bugg in the mail this week. I started to wear it on Thursday. It was quite interesting. When you start the software, you answer all the interview questions, such as your current stats then your goals. Then through the day you enter in your meals, just as if you were doing weight watchers online. At the end of the day, you hook your body bugg up and download the information. And there is a little graph that shows all the calories you burned. I didn't know that I burn 1.2-1.5 calories an hour while I sleep. You see the ups and downs through out your day. And if you take off your body bugg during the day (swimming or taking a shower ect) you just input what type of activity you were doing. Active activity (swimming) or Regular activity(showering). And then it takes information from your previous numbers. My goal is to loose 2 the program says that i should be eating 1850 calories, therefore I need to burn 2850 calories. So far, with working out an hour a day, and with my regular activity, it seems to give me enough of a calorie burn that I need. Now saturday was an interesting day. I had a booth at a Private School open house, and then I came home and did yard work. I was kind of worried because I didn't have enough time to go to the gym and in the evening I was tired I really didn't want to get on the treadmill, so I downloaded the information to see where I was. Because of all the activity during the Open House, and working outside, plus I didn't eat as much because I was busy running around, I actually had burned enough calories for the day!!! Yeah, I didn't have to jump on the treadmill!!! So having this body bugg is really interesting to have. And when Bob and Jillian ask the contestants if they are getting their "burn" I get what they are saying now!

Sorry for the long post. I hope everyone is having a great week!!! Keep up the good work!

1 comment: